Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Cancer Challenge 10K

Friday, my buddy Darcy and I drove to Springdale for the weekend. We registered for our second 10K together (my 4th overall) in Springdale at The Cancer Challenge. It was amazing! There were tons of people and it was HOT! I actually was able to finish with my best time so far - but it's still pretty slow. I'm really proud of myself because since Jackson has been sick most of the last month, I haven't been able to go to the gym and run, so I really haven't run at all in the last month... so running 6.2 miles wasn't really something my body used to be able to do without much training... so maybe my body is slowing adjusting to running and accepting it instead of rejecting it! Anyway, my brother's girlfriend Katie Hogue ran it w/ us and I'm stoked about that! She and I did almost the entire race side-by-side. We're definitely doing this again together... possible in October!!

Before the race!


HERE WE GO! :-)


Darcy opted for the 5K option (it was REALLY hot!) so Ray didn't catch her coming thru the finish....


Here I come!! FINALLY!
This is me telling my brother that Katie is right behind me so get a picture!!


Katie is a rock star! She didn't train whatsoever!


Awh... it's over now!


Katie and I cooling off in the mist booth! Felt so good!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Keisha - you are awesome!! 10K, hang gliding, AND parasailing!! You are too much fun!!