Some nights I go to bed still rehearsing the words from that book. Ethan was a little late to the "mommy reads to baby" game... I was much too focused on getting him to eat and not puke it all up that I blinked my eyes and he was a year old! I wish I would've started reading to him earlier, but we're certainly making up for it now! We have all 5 of Eric Carle's "Brown Bear" series books and although, very very beat up and used now, Ethan wants me to read them to him over and over and over... about 20-30 times a day. He recognized the animals and will point them to when I ask him (ie: Where is the fox, where is the blue heron?).... Fortunately, Ethan is slowly venturing away - every so slightly - from the Brown Bear series and letting me read him other books... but he is definitely a fan of those books - and animals in general. Every morning, we drive by cows and he points and tries to say COW - he's a big animal lover now. All of a sudden, he is showing a lot of interest in the cats and he actually "semi" watched "Baby Noah" from Baby Einsteins.... (He could care less about any TV - which I'm happy for!).
He loves when anyone will read these books to him - and Jackson, feeling very "big brother" and all - will gladly take charge and read to his "baby brother" anytime... And sometimes Ethan actually will patiently wait and listen and let him read to him. It warms my heart, a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment