Thursday, April 5, 2012

Outdoor Laser Tag!!

OK so anyone who knows me - or should I say knows me WELL - knows how insanely competitive I am... and kind of a tomboy too.  I absolutely love to get dirty and be outside and run and play... (good thing I have boys I guess!) - so when we got a chance to play outdoor laser tag, again, I was so excited that may have been jumping up and down a little more than usual.... Modern Mission was the place and Saturday was the day... and there were 6 of us - 3 couples - ready to duke it out.  I have to say that it was even more fun this time around. The first 2 games we played with some 12-13 yr olds - a big group of them - all boys.. we split up into 2 groups... the 3 of us girls were on one team and the "men" were on another... these kids are incredible at this game but we had to show them up!  The next 3 games we got to play by ourselves- boys vs girls (they usually only play 3 games, but the guys in charge let us play 5 games total!).  If you've never played outdoor laser tag, think paintball without the sting!  It's this huge field with all kinds of obstacles to hide behind and abandoned buildings and vehicles to play around - Ryan even climbed a tree and took me out in about 3 seconds.  I never ever saw him!  By the time we finished playing - 2 1/2 hrs later, we were all exhausted, soaked with sweat, muddy and could not stop talking about how much fun that was!  I absolutely love this group - my community group friends - and feel very blessed to have these GREAT friends in my life!!! 
ps:  In case you're interested, the last 3 games where it was 3 on 3, girls vs boys - the girls lost the first 2 but the boys lost the last game.... BAD.  We were just getting in our groove.... :)  AND - Allison is 24 wks pregnant and totally kicked butt!  GO GIRLS!  :)

No comments: