Friday, April 5, 2013

Christian's 1wk / 2 wk Pediatrician Appts

I know I'm SO behind on this blog!  I am still trying to figure things out with 3 kids!  It's way harder than I thought it would be... Thankfully, my grandma has been home with me this week and she's the best baby-holder there is!  And since Christian REALLY prefers to be held, all the time, it's working out great for me!  I'll try to do a quick update here....

On Thursday, March 28th - we had Christian's 1 week appointment with the pediatrician.  He said Christian looked great! He weighed 7 pounds, 2 oz (28.27%), his height was 19.29 inches (14.03%) and his head circumference was 35 cm.  I had a few concerns to ask about... Christian has been SUPER gassy - which doc said could be just baby's body getting adjusted or it could be something I'm eating... he suggested cutting milk (ugh) to see if that helps.  He also had a rash on his chin - which apparently was caused from saliva and totally normal.  He also looked at his umbilical cord -which was starting to stink!  Lastly, he checked Christian's breathing - he sounded a bit wheezy to me, but doc said he sounded good.  Doc asked that we come back in 1 week to do a weight check since Christian wasn't back up to his birth weight yet (which was 7 pounds, 7oz).

On Thursday, April 4th - we had Christian's 2 week appointment.  Christian weighed 7 pounds, 11oz (33.03%)!  YAY!!  Baby boy gained 9oz in one week!  Wooohoo for milk coming in!  His length was up to 19.5in (9.56%) and his head changed to 36.5cm.  It's amazing how fast growth happens in small babies!!!  I am so happy that my sweet boy is doing so well.  I'm officially embarking on new territory.  I only breast fed for 2 weeks with each of my older boys... and the fact that I'm still breast feeding, and my baby is thriving, is such a great feeling of accomplishment for me!  I hop
e to keep going for awhile longer, God willing.  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are doing awesome momma! Congrats!!!