Last night was Halloween, and we actually got quite a few Trick-or-Treaters. Overall, I would say that about 30 kids visited our doorstep - which is a far cry from how many kids were "out on the town" when I was in my Trick-or-Treating prime. Most of my Halloween memories come out of Plano, TX, and I can remember what seemed to be thousands of kids roaming the streets in search of candy! There were some adults in the mix back then, too, but for the most part us kids were free to roam the streets of our neighborhood by ourselelves. Needless to say, that has all changed now... Every single group of kids that came to my door last night had some sort of adult supervision, which is undoubtedly a sign of the changing times...
In honor of the holiday last night and all of our Halloween visitors, I carved what I believe to be my pièce de résistance! Here is what I am talking about:
Although Keisha is still partial to the pumpkin I carved with the two little kids on it (Pumpkin #2 of 4 this year), this one has taken over the top spot on my favorites list!
In case you missed it, we dressed Jackson up as a pumpkin for halloween! I know what you are saying - tons of babies get dressed up as pumpkins for their first halloween, but we did it a little bit different. Keisha saw this on TV so we decided to try it:
Although he looks super cute in this picture, this scene didn't last very long! Jackson was not too excited about being stuck into a cold, wet pumpkin wearing nothing but his diaper... We managed to hold off his crying just long enough to snap this picture, though, which I think came out pretty good! =)
2 comments:
THYC!
That's how you carve!
In the Jax picture, I want to put a caption over his head "Jax smash pumpkin pants! Raarrr"
that is HILARIOUS!!! I'm glad to see that you're so into carving pumpkins, Chris was very hesitant to even buy pumpkins this year so I was lucky to get two. Of course as soon as I started carving, he took over. Oh well.
Post a Comment