Thursday, April 30, 2009

Lots to talk about...

Jackson is feeling better!! He's crankier and fussier than he's ever been (minus his first month of life)... and still has a runny nose, but he's better. Thank God for that.

I mailed Jackson's invitations out yesterday. His first birthday is quickly approaching, so I mailed out the invites early... Mostly cuz it's over Memorial Day weekend and I know people make plans, so I wanted to send early... We're having the party in Northwest Arkansas cuz that's where most of our family and friends and I just think it's easier.... I sent out invitations to people who I thought would want to come... If you didn't get an invite, and you'd like to come - just let me know!! :)


I owe Ryan $10 again. Dang it. I really like I'll be there next week though - and if I can lose 4 lbs next week, I get to gain back my $10. So far, he's up $20. I have been working out a lot and eating great, so I know it's just a matter of time.. I'm not going to get discouraged. Only 3 pounds until I am at my pre-baby weight! YAY! Shoot!!

I ran 5 miles yesterday!!! This is an all time record for me... Cuz even though I've ran 2 10K's (6.2 mi) - I always stopped and walked a couple times... So this time was 5 miles NO STOPPING and UP THOSE FREAKIN' HILLS TOO!! Our neighborhood is bad for hills, so I've been trying to train w/ the hills cuz I know it only makes me that much better (and works my booty). So needless to say, I am HUGELY proud of myself for pushing myself... I always tell Ryan that it's funny cuz when I run - I talk myself out of stopping at least 5 times. I say "ok.. as soon as I get to that 2nd mile, I'll stop and walk for a sec." Or "when I get up this hill, I'm going to walk for 1 minute.. that won't be too bad." But then as soon as I get up that hill or whatever, I say "no - it's over now.. just keep going." I'm sure if someone was listening to my thoughts, they would think I'm nuts.

Anyway - Jackson and I went to swim class yesterday and took a pic w/ our new buddies Amanda and Noah. :) Swim class is fun, but mommy has to get a new bathing suit - suitable for a mommy... I haven't been in this position before! haha.

2 comments:

Mrs. Meach said...

We got your invite, very cute! As of right now, we plan to come. Char's been dying to meet Jackson.

Connie said...

We got the invite as well! Love it! Great job! We will be there! Also, CONGRATS on only having 3 lbs to go! That is awesome!!!! I knew you could do it and I'm SO glad you are feeling better now that your thyroid is getting back to normal! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks...just know my belly will be out there by then! LOL