Sunday, May 3, 2009
10K in the rain, thunder and lightening... Check!
Yesterday, Ryan, Darcy, Ken and I completed the Toad Suck Daze 10K.... in the driving, pouring, nearly-hailing, thundering/lightening rain! I have to admit - I felt like I had on a 20 pound weighted vest and pants on me, but we motored through - no stopping for the entire 6.2 miles (my new record). My time wasn't exceptional by basic standards, but it was pretty darn good (for me) considering the weather we were beating through. This was my friend Darcy's first 10K and she's doing the 10K in Springdale w/ us in June as well. I think the next one will feel like a breeze considering the weather conditions of this one. I must thank Jackson's papa and nana for coming over to our house at 630am to stay with Jackson while we did this... we GREATLY appreciate it!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
AWESOME JOB! I knew you could do it!!!!!
Post a Comment