The other day we invited Holiday and Eden over to play...and for some reason, before they showed up, Jackson was insistent that Ben needed to come too...because - as he worded it "Holiday and Eden are GIIIIIRRRRLS..." I thought to myself, where the heck is that coming from? Obviously, he has heard that at school or something but Ben wasn't able to come, so I had to sit down and talk to J... I asked him if Holiday is his friend - "yes." and Eden? "yes." - Then why does it matter that they are girls? He looked at me - only the way that Jackson can - and said "ok mommy - it's ok." I was a little sad for a minute thinking I must have missed something somewhere... Then Holiday and Eden showed up and he proceeded to having the best time ever. They ran and played and jumped and climbed and had little "meetings" and sweet Ethan just tried to keep up. I am relieved that Jackson has put the boys/girls thing to bed. I do want him to understand boys and girls ARE different but girls don't have cooties no matter what other kids say. Girls are pretty fun too!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment