
One week ago, on Monday morning - Ethan laid down for his nap after a great morning, and he had a 100 fever... and was extremely fussy and didn't want to eat much. When I got to Jackson's school, I found out that several kids in Ethan's class had been diagnosed with Hand/Foot. I got the boys home and checked Ethan out and sure enough, he had the bumps on his bottom and his arms. The next morning, he woke up with a big white bump and 2 smaller white bumps on his tongue. I kept the boys home all week - by Thursday, Jackson was complaining about his tongue hurting. I didn't see anything on his tongue but he did have a low grade (100) fever. On Friday, he was feeling much better but still complaining about his tongue. I took a flashlight and looked in his mouth and throat but I didn't see anything, so I assumed his complaining was a result of him hearing me talk about Ethan's bumps on his tongue. By Sunday, both boys were happy and feeling normal so we went to church as normal. We went to my mom's for lunch, and Jackson started absolutely freaking out screaming that his tongue hurt. He was adamant about it - so I took the flashlight again and looked at it - I lifted up his tongue and sure enough - he had a big white sore under his tongue.. Poor guy. I know there's no cure for hand/foot so I've just been giving the boys "magic mouthwash" to help w/ the pain and we've been secluded in our house... I am anxious for my boys to be feeling normal again! Their bears have been a big help this week. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment