Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tough Trip Home...

Baby J and I finally made it home yesterday! We left around 750am in the POURING rain. I made sure to say a prayer w/ my mom before we left because driving in that kind of rain didn't use to bother me but there's something about having the absolute love of your life sleeping peacefully in the backseat that makes you a bit nervous (Remember "Jesus, Take The Wheel" ??) - so we did ok... but around 900am, Jackson woke up and by 930a, he was screaming! I think the heavy rain scared him.... it was really loud.... So I was between Clarksville and Russellville - so I stopped in Russellville at an Exxon and calmed him down, did a diaper change and fed him... It was harder than it sounds because it was raining so hard and my car was so full. Anyway, we made it work ... Had to stop 2 more times soon after leaving Russellville to give Jackson his paci because he started screaming again... but then, he finally fell asleep and didn't wake up until we got home. It took us 3 1/2 hrs! I've never seen Daddy so happy to see his baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've got a cute kid. Which is weird because his father is so unattractive!