Thursday, June 10, 2010

1st Day of Summer School

Jackson started his summer Mother's Day Out program today. In the Spring, he went to a MDO in Fayetteville but this summer one is REALLY close to our house and actually, the church where we go to regularly, so I was so excited about having him there. It is a great great church. The lady in charge of the program seems a bit scattered so that makes me a little nervous cuz I didn't get hardly any information but I met a few people who take their kids there so I was able to get some answers to my questions that way. When I dropped him off today, he was very excited about going to "school" but he still thought he was going to his other "school" so he was very confused. He played inside the room w/ me for awhile while I talked to the teacher and finally got some questions answered. They are very nice teachers! So when I went to leave, I told him bye and gave him a kiss. A lot of people think this is a bad idea - but let me tell you... sneaking out just makes MY child VERY VERY angry!!! He does much better when I just say bye and jet. He was very vocal about being unhappy w/ it though. He screamed "mama, mama!!!!" over and over while the teachers tried to comfort him. Talk about ripping your heart out and shattering it. I HATE that. I really wanted to just go back in and say "nevermind. we'll skip it today" but I know - for sure - that this is only helping develop my sweet boy into a more independent, confident child. I want him to always trust that I'm coming back and in order for that to happen, he needs to be apart occasionally. I know it will get easier. It did before too. He just was in a new place, w/ strangers and that's scary for anyone - especially a 2 year old. So when I got back to the room when it was time to pick him up, he was waiting for me and watching and as soon as he saw me, he yelled MOMMA!!!! and came running... Awh, my heart is back in one piece again. :) It is such a great feeling when the person who you would give your whole life for sees you with those big eyes and huge smile and hugs you. Awh.... I can't even describe that feeling. They said he cried on and off, depending on what was going on. They said he barely ate (no surprise there - he barely eats anyway) and took a nap just fine! They actually put him on his nap mat but in a crib with his paci and he went right to sleep for an hour and a half. So that's great! :) I, however, noticed when we got home that I did not get the paci back so I emailed the lady in charge cuz that's my only spare paci!

Anyway - so here's my little man today!





No comments: