My sweet baby is 17 months old today. It's hard for me to believe how fast times flies this time around. With Jackson, I was a new mom, in a new place, with a new job (stay-at home mom)... it was really hard and busy, but great too. With Ethan, I knew what I was doing and really savored every moment and memory and milestone... but with both of my babies, time just moves way too fast. Before I was a mom, I wanted to be so badly. It's what I've wanted my whole life. So before I had Jackson, I remember the weeks would drag on and the time between Christmas's seemed so long. Not anymore. Now, I find myself saying he's ALREADY 17 mos old!? It doesn't feel like 17 months ago I held this precious, happy peaceful baby in my arms for the first time. I just feel so abundantly blessed - I know I say it all the time but that's what's on my heart.

My boys are so different too. Ethan is talking "up a storm" (as we say here in the south). He cannot get enough of reading books - specifically books about animals. Mostly just the pictures... he wants to copy what you say and then he wants to say what sound that animal makes. He knows almost all of them by now. He also copies everything he sees his brother do. He always wants to know where Bubba is. He watched his very first Baby Einstein (Baby Noah) and it actually kept his attention - mostly cuz we were in the car and he had no other choice. Otherwise, TV is not his thing. Books and building is his thing. Again, opposite of his brother. He sleeps great - still preferring 2 naps/day and about 12 hours at night. He will let you know if he's tired or hungry - very quickly. He is generally so so happy and loves his family - especially his daddy and his Poppie. He is definitely more mischievous than his brother was. He will do things he knows he's not supposed to over and over and over again - despite the NO's or the swats to his hand (which was a last-ditch effort but still didn't work.) or the distractions to something else. He just loves all attention - good or bad. He also will climb on anything, take a bad tumble, and dust himself off and go again - over and over.
He has own little personality and I LOVE it. He's just perfect, the way God made him.
I'm just glad God gave him to me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment