Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Two Sick Boys.

Took the boys to the doc today.... I made the appointment after a few too many things grabbed my attention.  Sunday morning, while at my mom's - E woke up screaming loudly - my mom ran in and he had a bloody nose and just was extra fussy - nothing calming him down except her holding him and rocking him.  He's had a nasty green crud nose for a long time now but these things always seem worse after we visit the doc (which we did a week and half ago).  Jackson - he's been coughing for several days now and having trouble sleeping cuz he's coughing so much.  Monday morning, he had a low-grade fever so I decided to just take them both in.  Doc confirmed my suspicions.  Both of Ethan's tubes have fallen out (just in the last week) and he's got a full blown ear infection on one side and a very red dull one on the other side - plus an obvious sinus infection.  J has the same sinus infection and a touch of bronchitis too.  Lovely.  Good news is that Ethan's lab results came back and he's not allergic to any foods and not allergic to cat or dog dander either!  So I have my standing appt w/ the dermatologist to find out why his eczema is so bad. It may be due to this bad infection he's got.  Anyway, so they are both on antibiotics and cough syrup.  I also asked that they both take probiotics to try to not have the bad reactions from the antibiotics.  SO glad I took them to the doc. Doc says that they aren't contagious as long as they don't get their snot on anyone.  Ugh. In the meantime, today and tomorrow are going to be what J and I like to call our "lazy days."

ps:  The boys lay like this together all the time now.  In this pic on the left, Ethan just rested his little head this way - his version of hugging and loving on his brother.  I love how J grabbed him back for the hug - totally unprovoked.  They just love each other so much.... Melts my heart.
 
Stats today:  Jackson (3 yrs, 8 mos) weighs 33 pounds,9oz and is 40.25" tall (super tall as he told the nurse.)
Ethan (18 mos) weighs 25 pounds, 2.1oz and is 33" tall (basically same as a week and half ago!)

No comments: