Thursday, August 30, 2012

Gulf Shores - Overview.

 
We rented a condo at the Lighthouse Condominiums.  It was very nice - with two pools and beachfront.  We were on the 5th floor.  This is looking out onto the beach and the pools... See Ryan's Razorback canopy - that's him walking Ethan inside right before the big storm that we got to sit on our balcony and watch.. (below)?  
 
Inside our condo... and this is our first grocery trip to pile up for the week..
 
condo livin...
  
Jeremy reading to all three... I thought this was such a cute moment...
Ethan at the pool...
 My little fish Jackson - could not get enough of the ocean.  He absolutely loved it.  He wasn't fearful of the big waves or anything - he just wanted to play in the water the whole time.  Ryan and I were so proud of him for being so brave (always in his puddle jumper, of course!).
 
Ryan got to play (a little) with the board - he did make it on a wave all the way down to the shore a few times!
 Ethan... oh boy... what do I say?  I guess I should've known because when it comes to the water, Ethan has followed in Jackson's footsteps.  At 2, Jackson refused to be in the water - even his feet.... he wanted to play outside the water... and he didn't like his hands to be dirty... or um... sandy... Hmm.... I should have had an inkling that his brother would be the same, but it was much worse that I could've predicted.  Ethan was just not a happy camper at the beach this year.  He didn't like the sand, or the water, or being hot, or being dirty, or sharing his toys, or following any type of instructions (no Ethan, you cannot throw your Thomas down 5 floors onto the people swimming in the pool below...).  Needless to say, I now know (a little too late) that 2 years old is not the age to travel to the beach... And, if really following like his brother, that means that next year, he'll absolutely LOVE it and by 4, he won't want to leave.  So let's just say that Ryan and I are glad that's behind us now.    I did manage to get a FEW pictures of Ethan, not screaming, while we were there... it was few and far between to find him halfway happy while on the beach, but I seem to always have a camera in my hand!  :-)
 They absolutely LOVED having a week with their daddy.... I think that was their favorite part of the whole trip.
 
 Ethan footprints...
The waves snuck up on Crystal and Jeremy...
 Ryan dunked me.  :(

No comments: