Friday, August 24, 2012
Reflecting on Jackson's first week...
It's difficult for me to say that this was a "great" week because honestly, I missed my big boy.... almost as much as Ethan did. But I will say that he has proudly walked his adorable self with his oversized backpack into class each day and with that same smile, he has jumped into my car from the car pickup line at the end of each day. I am really glad I decided to go with the 4-day preschool... but it's been a strange transition for Jackson. Yesterday morning, when I asked him to get dressed, he said "why?" and I told him he had to get ready for preschool... then he says "but mooooooooom.....I JUST went to school 2 days already." He is definitely not used to getting up and having to go to school more than a few days in a week, and certainly not in a row - and not really this whole summer. So this is probably a much-needed transition to kindergarten.... Yesterday was his first "extended" day - and that was a little unnerving for me because they switch teachers and have to eat lunch, nap, etc... but it went really well. I love that I'm learning so much about my kid... He's finally telling me about his day and I know that based on the few things he tells me, what's important to him... I continue to pray for his heart and for it to be pure and loving. It worries me with him being in a school that has elementary-age kids too. But I know it's inevitable - I'm probably just not emotionally ready for it - it's happened very quickly.... but I'm going to continue to try to instil a positive light inside of him that he can keep with him as he gets bigger. I just may need some anxiety drugs by the end of this year (just kidding!). Growing up is hard on this mommy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment