Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Jackson's 1st Day of Preschool

This morning was Jackson's first day of preschool - at a 'real' preschool - not Mother's Day Out.  His new teacher's name is Mrs. Malia and she's so sweet - I know he'll just love her.  Fortunately, Ryan was able to go with us to walk him into his class - which made J feel extra special.  On the walk in, Jackson and his friend Carter (who isn't in his class) were having a cute discussion about Batman.  After he got into his class, he sat right down and started coloring.  As I was walking out the door, I heard him chime into the discussion the teacher was having... J is definitely social - his teacher will probably have trouble keeping him quiet.  :)

He has probably heard me sadly tell people that 'my baby boy is growing up' and stuff cuz he told me this morning that he didn't want to go because he didn't want to leave me.  :(  Poor guy - At least it was just til 1130am!  I really missed him - and so did Ethan!!  Ethan asked me several times today 'where bubba?' - he just isn't used to not being with his brother...
I have never been so anxious to pick up my boy as I was today.  I was one of the first in line to get him.  :) He did so great.  He told me that he learned about the number zero and about flags - to which his favorite is the Christian flag.  :)  He told me that a boy named Logan dropped a crayon box on his head but then said sorry and "i didn't mind..." He is quite disappointed that his two best buddies are in different classrooms but he says he "might" consider making some new friends.  My funny boy.  He came home with his white sweater vest a bit dirty - (I expected that) and he was starving - but not sleepy.  Ha!  Imagine that.  

No comments: