Thursday, October 10, 2013

Christian's 6 Month Appointment

Last week I took Christian in for his 6 month appt and vaccines.  We had the stomach bug through our whole family, so he had been acting a little off and started breaking out in this rash... Well, it had really flared up the morning I was to take him in to the doc so the doc got a really good look at it and said it's probably his body's way of reacting to the virus (Ethan did the same thing)... but it looked SO bad.  He said it should fully clear up w/in 7 days or we should bring him back in.  He's gotten so funny lately - he's quite attached.  I know I've said this before, but I've never had an "attached" baby but it always seemed like everyone else's babies were attached to their mommas... Well I think I got my wish w/ this little guy.  He will go to me, Ryan and my mom and that's about it.  Every Saturday, Ryan and I go to a class at church and we've been called out to come get C each Saturday because he gets to screaming and they can't calm him down.  He's a stinker.  This last Sunday AM, they told me to NOT come get him.  They think it's actually setting him back cuz he knows if he just keeps his temper up, I will show up.  So they want to tough thru it to break the cycle.  He's a rascal, but I kind of love it.  I love that he knows his momma and is so content w/ me.  He's my last baby and I don't care if I'm spoiling him.  So be it.  He'll never be this age again and I know from experience how fast it flies by!!  I'm going to savor every second w/ my boys.  Christian's stats were fine.  He weighs 16 pounds, 4.6oz (23rd percentile).  He is 26 inches long (27th percentile) and his head is 43 cm (35th percentile).  He was born my largest baby and is now my smallest baby!

No comments: