Then, the dreaded. Thursday night before the sale, I got the bug. It was BAAAAAD... Bad virus, bad timing, you name it. It was bad. So Ryan took off work Friday because me and the others were supposed to work on setting up the sale on Friday - supposed to be working on it all day. Bad. So now, I'm stuck in bed - contagious I'm sure and feeling horrible about not being able to go get it all organized after working so hard on it this whole time. So Ryan strapped on Christian in the Baby Bjorn and away he went. Jenny and Sara were organizing, pricing, setting up while Ryan was running around helping while corralling a baby and children... Biggest problem - one of the newspapers got the ad messed up and put Friday AND Saturday - when the sale was supposed to only be on Saturday... So while they were trying to organize and price things, people kept showing up trying to buy things! Ugh.... The kids were SO good though.
The place got set up and organized and I felt better by the end of the day...
Then, the day finally arrived. I felt better so there was no stopping me from being out there trying to help. We had SO much stuff. I mean SO MUCH. But there are so many positive things that came out of this! First, we had a huge crowd!! People basically kept showing up nonstop til after 2p!! Second, the weather held out for us til we had about 85% of the stuff sold... That's when it started pouring... but we had everything in the garage by then! Third, we all made money! I actually did not expect to make that much and I was so pleasantly surprised... Forth, we all decided we didn't want anything leftover and Ryan took a truck load of stuff to the Samaritan House to donate. Win-Win! YAY!!
Oh!! And our lovely boys had a fun lemonade stand! They were great at it too! They were all good salesmen. And best of all, they all made money!
At the end of the day, poor Ethan couldn't stand it anymore and just crashed. Poor guy - it was a long week of feeling sick and then the craziness of the sale... he was too cute for words.
No comments:
Post a Comment