Well yesterday we started our big boy changes.... very very gradually. He took a bottle morning and night but the middle of the day was all sippy cups! He drank 1 1/2 sippy cups of formula - which is pretty great, I think. I am weaning him slowly... I'll maintain the morning bottle and evening bottle or a week or so and then cut the morning and then later cut the evening one... I think Jackson reacts best to slow change. Also, we did not have a paci (with the exception of our 1 1/2 hrs at the gym) all day unless sleeping.. He was a little fussy but not bad! At the gym, he is still crying when I leave, and having crying spats here and there, but usually when I check on him now, he's playing on the ground w/ the other kids... so we're making progress.. this is good motivation to keep my booty going to the gym!
Today: Jackson watched the whole Baby Einstein DVD again today but this time he was INTO it! He was giggling and glued to the TV! He ate a 1/2 banana, some blackberries, couple orange slices, some cheerios and a granola bar all in those 30 minutes and happily in his high chair! YAY! I gave him his first bottle when he woke up this morning and then before nap, he was hungry, so I made him a full bottle and transferred to sippy cup and he rejected it at first... very frustrated, but then when I put it in his mouth, he took it - maybe only 2 oz though... but that's ok. If he's really hungry, he'll drink! Also, no music box for this nap... fingers crossed!
My new obstacle is this.... Jackson is clearly ready for bed around 630p - 700p. But he's waking up at 600am!!! I want him to sleep until 800am at least! I guess that means I need to try to keep him up until 800p.... but how do I do that when he's clearly ready for bed!? Well, one thing I'm trying is putting him down for his naps a little later... so normally he would nap his first nap at 830am and then again around 1230p. So - I put him down at 945am this morning - but that was his first real signs of needing a nap too... so maybe this will help adjust his schedule back a little... I admit... trial and error is a regular thing w/ us these days!
The MONSTER is getting to him... What kind of face is this!?
1 comment:
Hey! Great job on everything you are trying to do with him! They say to change a sleep schedule to do it in 15 minute increments...so if you normally put him down at 7 try to keep him awake until 7:15...then the next night 7:30, etc until you are at the time that works for you. Hopefully that will help!
Post a Comment