So, I was looking thru my Facebook "Notes" and I remembered doing this thing that everyone was sending me called "25 Random Things About Me." It's dated from January 2009 -so it's way old, but I thought I'd share on here because I liked it - it's a good depiction of who I am - and I don't think I can change anything on here since January, except that I HAVE lost all my baby weight (and a little over, yay!) by now and I DID run 2 10K's this year, beating my time. Otherwise, it's all still very accurate.
1. My life is a big fat open book. I'm doing this because I got 3 of them so far, but I'm going to be highly surprised if anyone finds anything here they didn't already know about me. :)
2. I have the best - and I mean BEST - husband in the world. I know everyone probably thinks their husband is and I'm no exception. I cannot think of anyone in the world that I would rather be with more than him. He rocks my world! heehee...
3. I have also been blessed with an AMAZING little boy - Jackson. I am so thankful that I get to stay home with him every day and watch him grow up. He just so wonderful! I can't stand being away from him - it makes me crazy! Words cannot express the LOVE that a mom feels for her child... no words at all.
4. I want a big family! I always have... I used to want 5 kids until I had Jackson and the problems (physically) that I had after having him... so I've narrowed it down to 3 or 4.... Ryan would be fine with 2, but I need at least 3!
5. I'm a military brat. My dad served 22 years in the Marine Corps and we moved 6 times by the time I was in 6th grade. I guess that's why I talk so much and make friends pretty easily.
6. I was a vegetarian for 1 1/2 years. I had no intention of "stopping" but let's just say I got pregnant w/ Jackson and JACKSON wanted chicken! No - he NEEDED chicken! :-) But I still do not (and WILL NOT EVER) eat pork or beef. My tummy doesn't take it very well and at this point, I'm not interested in trying to eat it again... just sounds gross.
7. When I was 15, I got in a bad car accident. Long story short, I lost 4 teeth and had 5 surgeries until I was 18. I told my doctor that our goal was to get me looking "normal" by the time I had to take my senior pictures, and we did! But it was close! I have 4 implants now and will forever be indebted to my parents for all the time, money and support they provided to fix me.
8. I have a weird anxiety about deodorant. I put it on about 3 or 4 times/day and if I even THINK for a second that I "need" it and I don't have any (which is unusual since I have it in my car, purse, etc), I will have to stop what I'm doing and go put it on. I even had to leave class once cuz I was obsessing about it. I think that's the only OCD thing I have though... seriously....
9. I am very organized. I always think I need to be MORE organized so I have labels and boxes and everything just so-so. Ryan is the opposite, but he appreciates it.
10. I have a tattoo from an awesome Spring Break Trip when I was 21. It is a cross on my ankle, and it says "Faith" inside of it. I don't regret doing it, but I would have probably done it differently now. But oh well.
11. I love to travel! I have a spreadsheet of all the places I want to go over the next 25 years. I derive some weird satisfaction out of writing it all down and looking it.... cuz it just makes it seem "official" and that I'm actually going to get to go to all these places someday. Fortunately, my husband is an optimist and allows me to dream.
12. Stemming from that last one, I am a list-maker. I have a list for everything! I think once I put something down on paper, it releases it from my stress.... But if it's all bottled up in my mind, it freaks me out.
13. I decided about a year ago that I would no longer have people in my life who hurt me - directly or indirectly. You know the kind - people who just "bring you down" and are negative. I have no room for them in my life. The saying "you are who you associate with" is true.... Life is WAY too short to be mean to people! I like to think I'm optimistic and hopeful. I prefer the happy disposition but there are a lot of people who are just truly unhappy people and they just bum me out - so no thanks.
14. I'm a little obsessed with my weight. I wish I wasn't... I wish I just didn't care at all... but that is not in my nature. I put on 43 pounds (yep, I said it) with Jackson and I still have 12 to go. I found out that I have hypo-thyroidism which has definitely deterred my weight loss. BUT - I've been on my get-to-take-for-the-rest-of-my-life meds for 8 weeks now and I've lost about 12 pounds since then, so we're making progress! It's still an upward battle and I know I'm one of those people who has to "work" to be thin.... but I have a little angel that I have to be healthy for (not just myself) so it's worth the work!
15. I'm planning on running my 3rd 10K in April. And then a 4th in May. My only new year's resolution this year is to be "the healthiest I've ever been" in 2009 - so here goes!
16. I hate to talk on the phone. I usually just leave my phone somewhere and forget about it. I can text all day long, but I just don't do phones.... My besties know this about me and they love me anyway.
17. I am a HUGE animal lover. I could probably research things more and convince myself to be a regular PETA person, but I avoid reading stuff about that cuz it just bums me out and makes me mad... I hope Michael Vick stays in prison for the REST OF HIS LIFE. I think "buying" an animal is absolutely ridiculous and just angers me. There are shelters that are killing sweet little animals every single day but then there are all these people who prefer to "buy" an animal from some lame breeder who can't get a job on his own so he breeds little innocent dogs to make his living. I wish it was illegal to do that. If I had the money, I'd open a shelter which is strictly no kill and do everything in my power to put all those breeders out of business. Makes me sick!
18. Taking a breath, lol - I love YOGA! If you've never tried it, it's the most wonderful thing... and I think it really can help you live a long happy healthy life. It's good for the mind and the soul!
19. I love being outdoors! Camping, hiking, fishing, biking... anything outdoors and active, I'm there!
20. I have an intense fear of wasp. I don't know where it came from cuz I've been around them my whole life but they just scare me to death! I've never been stung my one either...
21. I enjoy making house plans. I have designed my dream home about 20 times... Ryan made me check the sq foot of one of them and it was 11000 square feet! YIKES! (we probably wont' be building that one... bummer!)
22. I hated school. I am so glad I got my bachelors but I always knew that I just wanted to be a mom and I have never been career-minded. I just want to be a mom.... plain and simple. But I am glad I finished. I guess I have my parents to thank for pushing me to do it.
23. I am very competitive.... Anyone who knows me knows what I mean... I make everything a competition... Ryan and I had to stop the "slug bug" competition when we had Jackson cuz we were going crazy looking for them that we weren't watching the road! He still won't play Monopoly w/ me anymore! And I always brag that I have only beat him once in Taboo (out of about 30 times trying) but I did beat him once... So what if he was drunk.
24. I took 5 years of Spanish and still can't speak it. Uh-oh.
25. I am a Christian - I was baptized when I was 7 years old and I remember that day like it was yesterday. I am so proud to say it! I'm very very blessed and each night I put Jackson to sleep, Ryan and I pray to God that we're so thankful for what we have been given. This life is only temporary, and I know that... It's just a very small piece of a REALLY big puzzle... and I can't complain - I have an amazing husband, healthy sweet baby and amazing friends and family! YAY!!! Life is Good (so go buy their shirts, haha).
2 comments:
Too fun - glad you did that!! So sorry about tonight. Love you Keisha!!
I too am HORRIFIED of wasps. I get it from my mother, who (seriously) locked me on the patio when I was 1 year old because a wasp was coming after her. My dad was like "why did you lock the door?" I also got stung by a red wasp on my nipple and I fainted when I was about 10. I hate them!
Post a Comment