Monday, May 24, 2010

Lots to blog about today!

So I'll start w/ my doc appt today.... 31 week appt - should be no big deal.... Well, the doc tells me that he wants me to come in next week for an ultrasound. If you knew my doc, you'd know that he is super laid back and usually tells me all my concerns are "normal" and that's how it's been for both pregnancies. Well there was just something different in his eyes today. He says that I'm measuring bigger than he expects for this point, and he wants to make sure everything is still on track so we scheduled the ultrasound. I know it could and probably is nothing more than that, but in my head, I've rehashed out our entire conversation in that office about 100 times trying to find some clue as to what he's going to really be looking at. Who knows. I'm going to try not to stress about it and we'll see next week. At least I'm going to get a new cute pic of my baby boy - my VERY active baby boy! :)

31 weeks with JACKSON (3/18/08)

31 weeks with ETHAN (5/23/10)


Next - the big boy bed: We've had NO problems whatsoever converting Jackson to a big boy bed. We have the rails on the side so he doesn't fall out but UP TIL TODAY, he's been perfect in his bed.... not trying to climb out or anything. Well, yesterday, he had such a crazy busy exciting day (with his birthday and all!) that when he wouldn't nap, I finally after 45 minutes of him just talking to himself, I went up and let him get out of bed and play w/ his new toys. Well, today, after his school - he almost fell asleep in the car, so I was hoping for a great nap - but instead - I got him climbing all over the bed, playing at the headboard - with the monitor, calling for "choo-choos" so I went up there and told him he needed to lay down to go to sleep and that caused a HUGE fit. He started screaming, clinging to me - crying for "choo-choo" - so I told him "nap-nap" time and laid him back down.... gave him his train to hold onto but nothing was helping. I shut the door and he opened it back up and screamed at the gate. I went up and said "no sir! it's nap-nap time" and led him right back to his bed. He stayed there screaming and then the REAL fit began. He cleared all the stuff off his headboard - including my monitor which when you look at it right now, looks like it must be on the carpet (video monitor) and he is still crying in his room. I have NO idea if he's in the bed or where but he SO FAR hasn't tried to open the door yet. Oh - but the screaming is still going as I type.... Lovely. I really hope this doesn't become a constant issue. On Saturday, he took a 3 1/2 hour nap! I can't sacrifice those naps!!!! Not when I'm this close to baby #2!!! I need him to be taking those naps now more than EVER! Lord, help us!

No comments: