
So it was just me and Chicago today - all day long! We both got along so great too! :-) Ryan got up early this morning - around 5am so he could head to the office and get some work done. His meeting that he came up here for was at 100p, but he's been off work since Thursday and just wanted to do some catch up. So I said good bye to him, went back to sleep. Slept til 730am... tried to sleep some more but my body is just used to waking up then! So I ordered room service at 800am (yep, sure did!) and watched ALL of the "Today" show - which I never ever get to do! Then, I read one of my books for a few hours and got sleepy so I laid back down - woke up at noon.. awh, this is the life! So I got dressed and found the gym in the hotel... I got on the treadmill and did 6 miles but my knees were hurting... I meant to do 8 but I don't want to injure myself, so I stopped at 6... besides, I knew my time in Chi-town was short, so I hurried upstairs and stretched, showered and decided to cruise down Michigan Ave. I found a store that sold Cubs hats, etc for kids - so i got both Ethan and Jackson matching Cubs caps. :-) so cute! As I was walking back, Ryan called me saying he was at the hotel ready to head out! We stopped and had lunch/dinner at Chipotle first (boy, I miss those from living in Dallas!) and now we're back in Milwaukee. I missed my boys, but I'm feeling like a new woman, besides my knees hurting! :-) I hope there are many more "work" days like this in our future! haha! Thanks Ma for keeping the boys! I'm glad they were good for you! These pics I took right before we left - this was the view from our room!We leave tomorrow, super early, to head home! It's been such a fun and eventful trip!
1 comment:
That's awesome! Sounds like my St Louis trip where I just felt like a princess and totally revived after the weekend to myself! Good for you! Looking forward to spending a weekend with you in Nashville very soon!
Post a Comment