Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Destin, Friday (19th) - Sun (21st)

Yes, folks.  I took pictures.  Between Emily and I, we took almost 1700.  Yep.  Not a typo.  1700 pictures.  And video.  What fun!  So here's the whole scoop.  I've been counting down the days til Destin... since it was about 60 something days away.... about the time I got an iphone w/ a counter.  HA!  We planned this early in the year.  Our neighbors and good friends Emily and Jim planned the whole thing.  We took Ryan's truck and I tried to hard to pack lightly, but I had to pack for 4 people for 7 days!  I did the best I could! We decided to leave around 730am on Friday morning.  We met up with my friends Jeremy and Crystal and their little girl (and Jackson's future wife) Anna Kate.  We all caravan-ed and that made it a lot more fun for the kids.

We made several stops along the way - and one time we got to stop at this park and let the kids run crazy for a little while.  Then, we drove til Hattiesburg and stopped for the night.  We stayed in a hotel that had an indoor pool, so the kids got nice and tired before bed.  
The next morning, we had a yummy breakfast at Cracker Barrel and got back on the road.
We arrived in Destin at 400p - check-in time!  The kids were stoked to find this huge gorgeous house with a private pool out front and a private stretch of beach in the back!  Emily and I decided to let Jackson and Ben sleep in the same room, in twin beds.  Needless to say, they were pretty stoked about that.  In addition, the Burrows took the master and around the corner of the kitchen was another room with 2 sets of bunk beds (think 4 people could stay there!) where Emily's friend Bonnie stayed.  Upstairs was two more enormous guest rooms where we and the Paschall's stayed.  This house was really huge - and VERY accommodating to all our families.  Worked out perfectly!
The night we arrived, the kids visited the beach a little, but mostly, they wanted to play in the pool. Ethan, sadly, had to have a bath - but we didn't realize the only bathtub in the house was in the master, so the first night, he bathed in the utility tub. :-)  He didn't appreciate it, as you can see.


 The next morning, it was a great beach day!  But not before the boys found the powdered donuts!!

Ryan got to play with some of his toys and Jackson, Ben and Anna Kate played with their toys.  And of course, Ethan learned about sand... and about wiping your eyes after you have sand on your hands.  Good times. 
Our daily beach set up.
Baby Noel love.  This precious little 2 mos old had 4 ladies loving on him all week - and we never tired of it!! I love this pic of Noel and Bonnie!
Jackson and Mommy toes.
I took this pic of Emily and Ben, and I LOVE it.  And she took this pic of me and J, which I also love.

 
These boys had no idea how many more fun days they had left!

No comments: