Wednesday, August 10, 2011

pweeew-weeee....

*Do not read this if you do not want to read about poop.*
Sadly, a mom talks about poop - thinks about poop - sometimes, we dream about poop.  Not a day goes by where I don't think "Did J poop today?  Did Ethan poop yet?"  Yep.  It's true.
I'm going to document this so when I am potty training Ethan, I can look back and remember that this is normal.... So Jackson was an amazing little potty training boy.  We read that book that it only took 3 days and sure enough, on the 4th day he was potty trained!  His first proper "time" was #2 - on the potty.  We really never had a problem with him doing this in the potty like most of my friends have... but we have, in the last 3 mos or so, had LOTS of problems with "accidents" in his underwear and some "skid marks" as Ryan always says.   Didn't seem like we could get this under control... We tried everything because it was only about 1 out of 3 times he would do this... I think he was playing and didn't want to stop playing to go... So he would hold it til he couldn't anymore.  So!!!  I'm happy to say that we finally have it under control!  Our magic tool?  SUCKERS.  Jackson doesn't get candy at our house - so when I sat down with him one day and explained that each time he properly uses in the potty with none in his underwear, he gets a sucker.  This boy's eyes lit up like he just won a million dollars.  So we're still doing it and as soon as he goes, he yells out "I GET A SUCKER!"  Whatever works folks!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I agree! Sometimes you just have to find what works-and use it! I know what you mean about a potty training dream kid-our first (Malachi) was potty trained in a week. Our second. Oh boy. I've been working with her since she was 18 months old...it's still a work in progress!

Brandy said...

Bahahahaha!! Crack me up! He is getting so big!!!!!! Love the blue tongue!

That boy has a SWEET tooth! Suckers and lemonade!! Your two bribes!!