
I'm thankful it waited til after vacation to pop up, but on Sunday night, I noticed E was a little warm... On Monday morning, I took his temp cuz it felt very high - and sure enough, 102.3. Around 1130am, J was acting a little mopey, so I felt his head and he was burning up. I didn't have a "big boy" thermometer... I had been checking Ethan rectally, so I don't know what Jackson's was, but I gave him some Motrin and both boys slept for 3 1/2 hours! When Ethan woke up around 400p, I noticed he was super hot still - once again 102 temp. Then at 700p, he was still at 102, even after more Tylenol! So I gave him Motrin this time and put him to bed. Upstairs, I noticed Jackson was feeling hot again. DANG IT! What the heck is going on!? They don't have any other symptoms except fever and Ethan was pretty cranky. They were eating, drinking, sleeping - no cough, runny nose, etc. I gave J some more Motrin and decided to make an appointment to get it checked out. Glad I did. Doc said Jackson's tonsils were "extremely raw and red." And Ethan - he said "I wish I could take a picture of his throat and show you. He has white pussy blisters all over his throat and it's very red and inflamed." POOR BABIES! Thankfully, they tested negative for strep! I'm glad kids have fevers to warn us moms that something is wrong! J acted perfectly all day yesterday, but Ethan was super cranky. I mean, that fever was the only indication I had that something was wrong! Anyway, we got some "magic" mouthwash again and doc said to keep the IBU going, so today seemed much better. They seem to feel a little better and E woke up with only 99 degree fever. Thank goodness!
I did get some stats on my boys. Ethan (13 mos) weighs 22 pounds, 9 oz (up 8oz in a month). His length increased 1/2 inch to 30.5 inches! Jackson (3yrs, 3mos) weighs 31 pounds, 7 oz (36th percentile) and is 38.75 inches (64th percentile!). Jackson's blood pressure was 75/52 and his pulse was 115. Can't believe he's old enough to check on those last 2 things.

Quick story from the doctor's office. They have some take-n-play Thomas trains there in the room. Jackson loves to explore the new trains. He was also very interested in the doctor. Doc came in and Jackson asked him what his name was and introduced himself like this: "Hi! I'm Jackson. Spelled J-A-C-K-S-O-N. That spells Jackson. This is Ethan. He's a baby. But I'm a big boy." Doc said "oh, ok good, nice to meet you... " etc.... Well, then at the end he yells out as the doc is walking out the door, "Bye Doctor. See you later. I love you!" Needless to say, all the nurses and the doc found this quite humorous. Love love love my boy!!!!!! I wish we could bottle up this sweet innocence and keep them that way forever. Precious Jackson.
No comments:
Post a Comment