Saturday, August 20, 2011

He's the #1 Engine, We Adore...

I always smile when people ask me if Jackson is "still" "into" Thomas.... HA!!!!!  His addiction has grown much more so than ever before.  He never stops talking about Thomas - we never stop pretending to be Thomas - he even dreams about Thomas!  Before bed, we have to make up a new Thomas story - which we have to get pretty creative to do this every night.  And in the morning, he wakes up with "PEEP PEEP" and waits... waits.... "PEEP PEEP!"  waits... waits... "PEEEEEP PEEEEEP!!!" Til we finally grab the monitor and say "Toot Toot, Thomas."  That's his way of saying "I'm awake, come up and get me."  It's actually quite cute and fun that he has something like this that he's so passionate about.  I know a ton of moms who tell me "I am so glad my boy isn't into trains" or "I'm glad i have girls so I don't have to play like that..." but ya know, to those people, I say - I didn't want to be "into" it either but Jackson fell in love with Thomas.  And since I'm in love with him, I love Thomas too.  It's actually fun to watch his eyes sparkle when we "pretend" - (I'm always Percy - Thomas's best friend.  He's always Thomas.)  I don't mind this addiction one little bit and if I'm really honest, I totally love it.  And I totally love him.  A lot.  Peep Peep!!!

No comments: