I can hardly believe it to type it. My sweet baby boy is 15 months old today. He has been such in incredible joy in our lives - I get so excited each morning to go see his gorgeous brown eyes and big slobbery smile!


I realized I haven't updated much about him in a long time, so here's my big 15-month old in a nutshell: Ethan weighs 23 pounds, 10oz.... his hair is very red and curly, his legs are chubby and his little giggle makes me melt. He is so happy and so incredibly smart. He knows how to stack blocks and throw and kick balls. He knows how to climb the stairs and sit and go down them. He puts Legos together and apart. He can identify his body parts and animals in the Brown Bear Series - his absolute favorite books... he wants us to read them to him about 25 times a day (no exaggeration!). He is EXTREMELY attached to his paci - he sleeps with 6 of them. He has a sign that he created for asking me for it... He also loves his blanket. He has 4 identical ones that my grandma sewed for me - and he sleeps with it and sometimes it's the only thing that can calm him down... Which leads to my next thing - Ethan is a Leo. With a Leo-sized temper. That's affirmative. He can go from happy, sweet, melt your heart out Ethan Chase to screaming, mad, follow-you-around-dragging-at-your-feet cuz he's mad Ethan in about 2 seconds flat. He is quite the talker too! He says several words including: Dada, Momma, Bubba, Kitty, Bye Bye, Hi, Banana, Milk, Night Night. He is a thinker - an observer - then, a do-er. He studies people and faces and then reacts. At Mother's Day Out, they have told me so many times how happy he is and how well he plays with all the kids - and how he knows who Jesus is (they have a poster on the wall of Jesus with some children and everytime the teachers sing/say "Jesus", E will walk over and point!). He loves loves loves to be outside and has a total meltdown every time we have to come inside. He absolutely adores his big brother - he wants to hug him all the time and recently he has learned to kiss - it's open-mouth kisses, but still precious. He blows kisses too - to anyone. He has no idea how much I love him - and probably never will...
1 comment:
I can't wait to "meet" the big boy at Christmas!! I also can't help remembering how you said you wouldn't want a red-haired boy. Bet you wouldn't trade him in for a blond.... :-) (P.S. I always said I didn't want boys, and I wouldn't have traded them in either. Well....most of the time, that is.)
Post a Comment