Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ready... Aim... FIRE!!!

Keisha and I agreed that last week was pretty tough - so to blow off some steam did the only thing that Arkansans d0... went to the firing range!! For those of you who don't know, my father-in-law is a police officer, and he has quite the arsenal. For this adventure we went with a selection of various handguns.
This was the first time that Keisha had ever shot a gun of any kind. Eye and ear protection required!
Keisha's first weapon of choice was a semi-automatic .22 caliber revolver. I thought that she would like shooting, but I really don't think that she did! This gun is relatively small, so it was a good place to start. It hadn't been cleaned in a long time though, so it did get jammed a few times.
Next, she switched over to a 9mm pistol. This one was considerably more powerful than the first one she fired, and she liked it even less. She looks pretty tough - I better no mess with her!!
Then it was my turn. I started off with a 9mm pistol, then I worked in a .40 caliber pistol, a 380, and my favorite - a 357 Magnum. If you don't know guns (by the way, don't feel bad... I know just enough about them to compose these few lines of text), a 357 Magnum is one of those big, scary looking silver revolvers. Big gun go boom.
Me with the 9mm. I felt I was VERY accurate with this one!
I love this pic. If you look close, you can see that the barrel of the gun is recoiling and the empty shell is being ejected from the chamber. That is it flying off in the right hand side of the frame...
Me selecting my ammo...
Another great shot of the bullet casing being ejected from the gun - it's the shiny thing at the top of the frame. This was the .40 caliber pistol, which was more powerful than the silver 9mm I was shooting earlier - you can get an idea of the "kick" by how high the barrel of the gun is pointing in this pic - it started out straight!
A huge THANK YOU to Don, my Father-in-law for taking us... we had a BLAST!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

You had NEVER shot a gun?!?!? Did you go to Jasper for a little while!?!? Love you!