Friday, February 24, 2012

Boo to Boo-Boos.

I've been properly warned - especially by my mother-in-law who had 2 boys who are 2 and half years apart - similar to mine.  I've been told all about how rowdy boys are and fearless.  I know all about how they hurt themselves a lot, etc etc etc.  ETC.  However, when it's actually happening to your "babies" - the shock doesn't go away.   This week has been one of those weeks for us.  Ethan hurt himself at school on Tuesday - he fell and busted up his lip.  Wednesday, we were playing at a neighbors' and Ethan walked behind a swing that was being pushed and landed a cute little cut on his head.  Then, he was getting down from a table and scraped up his belly from a splinter of wood.  Thursday,  I went to pick up Jackson from MDO and the teacher said he fell off the playset and has a swelled bump by his eye that was likely to bruise.  Then, that afternoon we were playing outside and Jackson and Ethan were riding around in Jackson's truck.  Jackson stopped to talk to a friend and while he had his head turned, Ethan started to climb out of the truck.  J didn't know and started the truck again and Ethan fell out of it - hard... landing on his back and slammed the back of his head.  NOT a good image for a mommy to witness.  I just don't think you can get used to it.  I like to think that I'm not a worry wart mom... I don't "freak out" when they fall - I think I've taught them to dust off their scrapes and bumps and get up and go back to play... But when Ethan fell that last time, my heart was racing and I can honestly say - I was scared.  Like most parents, I pray everyday that my boys stay safe and I know without a doubt at all, that Jackson and Ethan have little angels walking through this world with them.  I am very very grateful for that.  Those angels may be keeping me from having a heart attack. :)

1 comment:

carolsue said...

Those are the same angels that invented wine. Get used to having your heart in your throat; it's just beginning.... Glad he's all right!