

I need to brag on my boy for a second. Not that I wouldn't brag on him every second, but let's give credit where credit is rightly due. Jackson has been INCREDIBLE in preschool so far. I mean, I know this could be a result of the right teacher/student match up or just "good luck" but honestly, I think he's just amazing. So far, 2 full months into preschool, he has yet to receive anything but rave reviews from his teacher on his behavior. He's came home with what appears to be a really great job drawing his letters and matching things that start w/ that letter, counting things and writing the corresponding number, coloring in the lines and overall understanding of good health - and he is completely proficient writing his name now. In fact, he finds humor in writing in backward. He will often write his name and then Ethan's name next to it (his only two words he can spell). He absolutely LOVES going to school - especially "2 services" when he gets to do the after school care - which is only 2 days a week, but he looks so forward to those two days. When I ask him about his day, he often tells me about recess when he gets to play with his two best buddies - Ethan W and Ben. I have gotten him to talk about a few of the kids in his own class but he really looks forward to playing with Ethan and Ben at recess (they are all 3 in separate classes.) I've really enjoyed opening his backpack and finding his works of art. And he really loves telling me all about it. Here's a few from this week.
Jackson just finished studying Joseph's "Coat of Many Colors" and also about Jonah - so that's where the inspiration came from some of these.
Jackson quickly filled his whole caterpillar with stickers - you get one sticker for each day you are on "green" or "pink/purple" colors - which means good behavior. So far, Jackson has never not gotten a sticker, so after he filled up his caterpillar, he got to dig into the treasure box and he tells me he picked a "BIG" sucker and also some "colors that smell good." Sweet boy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment