Saturday, September 21, 2013

6 MONTHS OLD!!!!!

How can this little cutie already be 6 months old!!!??

Christian Michael!  My baby, my angel, my little taste of heaven.  He just makes me SO beyond happy!!  I took Christian to the doc on 9/16, and he was 16 pounds, 2 oz (28th percentile), 26 in (29th percentile) and his head was 43 cm (44th percentile). So he's a little guy!!!  I took him in because he was tugging his right ear a lot and not wanting to eat... He had a few "blow out" diapers and was having restless while sleeping at night, so I assumed - since we went through that with Ethan - that he must have an ear infection.  Turns out, he is definitely teething and has a cold.  Otherwise, he's ok!  Thank God!  He is just the coolest kid.  He has the brightest, bluest eyes and he loves to laugh and cackle... He is VERY spoiled - and yep, I do not care.  He is my baby boy, and I refuse to stop spoiling him.  He gets pretty much anything he wants at this point.  I tend to hold him every chance I get and I rock him to sleep everytime I can.  He is such chill baby as long as I hold him.  He definitely knows familiar faces - his brothers, his daddy, mimi and mommy.  He is starting to show his personality a lot.  Last week, I took him to our bible study on Saturday and he was WAILING when I picked him up.  The following day, I dropped him off at church, and they had to call me out of church to come get him because he was freaking out.  He immediately stopped crying when I took him.  I know this may be normal to most moms, but I've never had a kid who did this before!  Christian can, literally, not be calmed down by strangers.  He wants mommy or daddy and he will not settle for anyone else.  It's kind of precious to be honest.  It doesn't bother me yet.... Stay tuned, I may change my mind when he's doing this at 2 years old! HA!  Christian still loves his Jumperoo and loves to play/hold toys in his hands.  He still hates the car seat, with a passion, but he's starting to really like the Ergo carrier... which I have to use a lot!   He refuses a paci still, but uses that thumb constantly (it's still really cute!).  I've attempted cereal several times and he just gags and/or throws up each time.  This is exactly what
Ethan did at this age, so I'm hoping not to have a repeat of that...but we'll keep trying.  Practice makes perfect, right?  He takes about 6-7 oz of formula, 4 times a day.  He goes to bed at 7p each night, goes right to sleep after and sleeps til about 630am the next morning.  He has been waking up around 430am - 500am each morning, laying in his bed, rolling around and talking to himself for about 45 minutes and then goes back to sleep til 630am - 700am.  He's been doing that for about a month.  Not sure what that's about but he seems to be perfectly fine with it.  :)  He can sit up by himself, kind of, for about 5 seconds.  He doesn't like it one bit.  He stiffens his back and presses backward - or he falls flat forward chewing on his feet.  But we keep practicing.  He is still taking the zantac, twice a day and the doc up'd his dosage to 1.4 ml - hopefully will help with all the spit up.  He takes a nap around 830am for a couple hours and then again at 100p for a couple hours.  He generally will take a cat nap around 430p/500p for about a half hour.  He is such a fun, happy, sweet boy!  I keep pinching myself because I cannot believe he's mine!  I wish I could freeze time and keep him this size and with this sweet demeanor!  I just LOVE this age!!!

Looking back at my little man...
At birth
 1 Month Old
 2 Months Old
 3 Months Old
 
4 Months Old
 5 Months Old
6 Months Old!!!

No comments: