Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cabo San Lucas!

Every year, since we've been married, Ryan and I take a trip together, just the two of us.  Some trips are extravagent - like Maui last year - and some years it's simple - like when Ryan was in grad school and we went to Eureka Springs for a weekend.  Now that we've had kids, none of these trips would be possible without the help of my mother!  She's incredibly generous and always has been.  This year, we opted to go to Cabo because we wanted an All-Inclusive and we used airline miles.  Cabo was the only place that worked with our needs.  I was hoping to go in Oct/Nov timeframe when C was a bit older, but the flights wouldn't work in our favor for that.  This year, my aunt Becky took her own personal vacation days to come help my mom with my kids!  I seriously owe them both tons!  Ryan and I had a blast!  We stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Pacifica, and it was spectacular.  The grounds were gorgeous, the food was incredible and we LOVED it.  We ate like royalty and relaxed that way as well.  In fact, Ryan and I only left the resort to go over to the other resort 1 mile away.  That's it.  One day, it was a bit rainy/cloudy, so I parked myself in a hammock and spent 5 straight hours in that hammock.  Another day, I spent 4 hours in a shaded pool chair.  I finished "Bloom" in no time and half way thru another book - not to mention hours playing games on my iPad...  It was fabulous.  At this particular stretch of private beach, you are not allowed to get into the ocean.  The waves are fierce... Like, over-my-head-at-the-shore kind of fierce. But the pool made up for it, so you never felt you were missing anything.. 
It was a very very relaxing 4 days that I'm thankful that I was able to get... even though after about day 2, I was ready to get home to my baby boy!!  I'm still so glad we went!
 
 
We had the whole beach to ourselves!  :)
  
The grounds were breathtaking!!
 We listened to a dumb timeshare presentation for a few hours and got beachside massages in exchange!  It was probably the best massage I've ever had in my life!!  It was incredible!!!
 We went to a fancy dinner one night... 5 Star/5 Diamond Restaurant... They said there was a dress code so Ryan couldn't wear his flip-flops but that tennis shoes were "probably ok."  HA!  This is all he had, but we got it and it was wonderful!  I took lots of pictures of the food!!  :)
 

No comments: