

I feel compelled to write a few lines about Ethan. I don't really know how to express my feelings on this boy but I'm going to give it a shot. Ethan is INCREDIBLE. When he was born, I remember feeling so complete. I knew we would have more children, but he just fulfilled me in a way that I can't really explain. I felt instantly connected to him - he owned me right from the start. He was the cutest and sweetest baby. He was sick all the time, but always happy. He struggled with eating and had severe reflux. He laughed and smiled and was just so content - despite all this. When he was about 18 mos old, he started showing his personality. That personality was vibrant and outgoing, but also a little timid and cautious. He was happy and active, but also had a temper that no child could touch. If he got angry, it was loud and fierce and DID NOT stop. He would cry and scream so hard from not getting what he wanted that he would make himself puke. We used to joke that he was like the hulk... don't make hulk angry! :) Sadly, this was all just a frustration with not being able to communicate like he wanted, and also just the fact that we always gave in to whatever he wanted - which just fueled his tantrums when we had to really say no. In July, Ethan turned 3 and even though he still is struggling with it a little, he is such a cool kid that I almost can't remember those tough 18 months. He is absolutely hilarious, and when you get him one-on-one, you will never ever be bored. He loves to sing and music is definitely a passion for him. He loves books - he'd let you read to him all day long if you would. He adores his brothers - both of them - and has such a bond with each of them - no one could ever break that type of bond. He has really come alive in the last few months - showing off his coolness every day. Ryan and I were just talking about how blessed we are with our boys... but Ethan is very special. He isn't influenced by peer pressure, he's SUPER independent and very stubborn, and his love for his family and friends is just unbreakable. He makes us laugh all day long... He's just amazing. I can't wait to see what treasured memories he will make for himself and for our family. The best is yet to come!! Love you Ethan Chase!!

The Middle Child
Even though you're not the oldest,
or the youngest, you see,
Being in the middle is a really neat place to be!
The middle of a sandwich
is the most important part,
And in the middle of your body,
you will find your heart.
The engine in the middle
is what runs a good machine;
And our family wouldn't be the same
without you in between.
1 comment:
LOVE LOVE LOVE the Middle Child poem!
Post a Comment