So today was the MOST fun! This morning, we visited the Milwaukee Zoo! There was basically no one there and that was AWESOME! Jackson told us before we went that the elephant is his favorite animal at the zoo - so we were bummed when we thought they weren't out but we did get to see them behind some glass.. It was a bit chilly for them outside, I guess. It was chilly for us too! Jackson had to wear Ethan's little panda hat because it's all we had in the car! Can I just brag on my little baby for a second? Again, Ethan was "on the go" during one of his naps - just like when we were at Discovery World... and he totally just crashed in the stroller! No fuss - just good night. Wow! Jackson NEVER did that for us! If he wasn't in a car seat or bed, he wouldn't sleep - just scream... but Ethan is a different story! That guy is so sweet - he just goes w/ the flow! After we got back and had some lunch - Carol was kind enough to keep the boys and let me go with Ryan to Chicago for the night! We drove in (it's only about an hour away) and Ryan had booked up a sweet room on the 22nd floor of the Westin on Michigan Avenue - overlooking the beautiful lake! I felt like a princess! It was beautiful in Chicago - but really chilly - and I forgot my coat... which Ryan thought I did on purpose but I promise I didn't! Either way, we were on Michigan Ave, so there were lots of opportunities for me to buy! haha! We decided to eat at Sushi Samba - this restaurant Ryan had eaten at before and thought I'd like and we had the best dinner! It was so nice to just be able to sit and talk and still actually have a great conversation with each other - even after nearly 9 years of marriage! Then, we walked over to Millennium Park and saw the "bean" which I hadn't seen before... and then we walked over to Ghiradelli and had yummy hot chocolates! I told Ryan it was the best date EVER! I just never get tired of hanging out w/ Ryan - and it's cool how much he loves Chicago... makes me love it too! Finally, we retired to our room... Ryan has to work tomorrow, but I get to lounge around til he gets back and we jet back to Milwaukee... Awh, finally a day to myself! :)
Jackson saying "ROAR" to the lions!
Grandma and Jackson
me and my little guys!
This is what happens when you say "Jackson! Jackson!!!! Jackson - stop looking down! Jackson - look up and say cheese to daddy! Jackson!" haha! This was the 6th (and final) try!
2 comments:
Hmmmm...Eathen,Jackson and the "Boobettes." Pretty....
What a fun trip! One question...where is Ryan's coat? LOL
Post a Comment