Friday, April 1, 2011

Not a baby anymore....

My baby boy is trying really hard to be so much like my BIG boy!  I'm crazy sad about all this, but beaming with pride at how wonderful it is that I've been blessed with the privilege of watching them grow up!  Ethan has a few new "firsts."
Starting today, my nearly 20 pounder has moved to 3 bottles a day... about 8 oz each - all w/ cereal still.  He is eating MUCH better - still spitting up a lot but he seems to eat baby food much better now - all of a sudden! So far, he is eating sweet potatoes or carrots for dinner and bananas and "banana mango" for his mid morning meal.  I've learned a lot from Jackson - and at the first sign of Ethan saying "stop, no more," we stop.  No more meal time games!  Feeding Jackson used to be such a nightmare - and frankly, it still is.  I'm not going to "force" any food on Ethan but I'm not going to give him 100 options like I do w/ Jackson either. It really takes the anxiety off of both of us!  Lesson learned!
  :-) I also noticed yesterday that my tiny man had another tooth pop through - making his grand total of 4 teeth now!  I think that was a welcome relief considering his gums have been so red and swollen for so long now.  He's getting so big too - he is now wearing mostly 12 mos clothing - still a few 9 mos but mostly 12 mos!  He's like Jackson in that his legs are short but his torso is long.  He also has big feet, compared to J - which is a bummer since I missed out on several cute shoes that he can't wear now only because I thought there was no way they would be big enough for him - and turns out they are too small.  Another biggie - he's officially 'crawling' normally now.  He did "the worm" for a long long time!  His favorite place to crawl to, unfortunately, is under the coffee tables - which he just bumps his head and that makes him mad... and boy, does he have a temper!  YOWSER!  Over the weekend, he learned to go from a crawling position to a sitting position.  Lastly, today after he woke up from his nap - I was in the middle of playing with Jackson and I couldn't get downstairs for about 15 min... I checked on him on the monitor and he was fine... just laying there playing... well about 15min goes by and when I go in to get him, he's STANDING there in his crib w/ this huge big cheesy smile looking at me!  NO!!!!!!!!!  NOT READY!!!!!!!! I took these pictures one day when he was playing in his crib...  It just seems like I've snapped my fingers and he's now standing up in his crib!  I'm screaming for a giant PAUSE on time so I can enjoy my "baby" a little longer!

1 comment:

Connie said...

I can't believe he is already 8 months old! Crazy!