Thursday, June 9, 2011

a change of hair.

I finally did it.  I've only cut my hair one time before this - in 2005.  Other than that, I've had the exact same hair for all my life.  After 2 kids and finally feeling like a real grown up, I decided I wanted a change - a change of hair, that is.  So I called the one - the only one - I would trust w/ this great feat.... Julie at Metropolis.  I knew that Julie was expecting, so back in March - I emailed her and asked when she planned on going on maternity leave.  I wanted to wait til the last minute to do this because of a few reasons.  1. When I'm not feeling that great about my weight, I like to hide behind long hair.  I still have 6 pounds of baby weight to lose, but I waited as long as I could.  2. I wanted to make sure it wasn't a spontaneous decision.  It's taken me a LONG time to grow my hair out this long and I didn't want to have regrets. 3. Lastly, I'm donating to Locks of Love. So I wanted to try to give them at least 12 inches instead of the minimum of 10 - so I needed as much time as possible to grow it out.   So June 9 was the day scheduled and here we are. 

So here are the "before" pictures..... 
  
 I told her I wanted 12 full inches cut off!  YAY!!!
 All chopped off!  Thanks Julie!!


So off to Locks of Love they go!

 AFTER:   
My ipod doesn't take the best quality pictures.... more to come!
I LOVE it and it feels so light on my neck... I may actually start fixing my hair more often!!! 
WOOHOO!

5 comments:

Connie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!! And it makes you look thinner! I LOVE how it frames that skinny face of yours! GREAT JOB!!!!!! I'm so proud of you! Now I see Keisha instead of Hair 1st and Keisha 2nd. :-) Love ya girl and Locks of Love will be very happy!

KimL said...

It's sooo you! Which is weird because I usually think of you as the girl with amazing long hair... but it's so you! I love it!

Tori said...

I love it! You look great!!

Tori said...

I love it! You look great!!

Darcy said...

Ditto with everyone else- LOVE it!