Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A taste of Sicily

Our friend Patrick has been telling us for years that he was someday going to make Ryan and I a TRUE Sicilian meal... His father and grandmother taught him and so he's quite experienced in this culinary field.  :)  
So today was the day!! He gave us a list of stuff to get - off we went to get what we could from WalMart but he had to get the rest from his local place...
 Patrick - preparing the many many different types of cheeses.
 Appetizers!
 Cheese is the heaviest ingredient - everything has cheese in it!
 The final product!  Baked Ziti with meatballs and his special sauce that had to be cooked and "set" overnight and gnocchi w/ "cardinal" sauce.   All I can say is one word:  YUM.  I took the picture after I had already dug in so it's not that pretty.. .but trust me on the food - SUPER yummy.
 Gotta love the "shoveling food in my mouth" shot and "mouth full of food" shot.  :-)  Good thing Patrick and Ryan are good sports!
Thanks Patrick for coming over and cooking for us!  I'm ready for Round 2!  :-)

No comments: