Monday, January 16, 2012

Coaster Spills.

Well, folks.  The roller coaster made a short appearance in the house.  I figured since it's bitter cold outside, we'd bring the fun inside like we did when Jackson was about 18 mos old.  Obviously I didn't think about the fact that when J had it, he didn't have anyone he had to share it with.  Needless to say, Ethan was hogging the coaster while J would shout at him "YOU HAVE TO SHARE!"  - Ethan is still a bit too young to really grasp that concept (J was about 2.5 before he understood.)  So after lots of screaming and falling and many many many head "boo-boos" (and the more recent fall -see below) - we had to put the coaster back in his rightful place, outside. 
I will share one story that I'd prefer to forget, but I figure it's good for a story when they get older... Jackson had been instructed to not touch the coaster at all.  After so many fights on it, we just had a talk about how Jackson has many toys that Ethan dosen't get to play with (His puzzles, his tag-reader, his markers, his memory game, his power wheels truck, etc).  So J was ok w/ that.  So on Thursday morning, I ran upstairs to grab Jackson some clothes to put on.  In a matter of 45 seconds, I get to the bottom of the stairs and glance around the corner to see my little baby on his new Thomas ride-on (not at all meant for the roller coaster) with both legs on one side (think: side saddle) and his big brother giving him a big push from behind.... He starts flying down the coaster with complete fear in his eyes, cuz he knows.... he knows that he's going to fall... and just like slow motion, i throw everything down in my hands and RUN to him but I'm not fast enough - before he gets to the bottom, he falls.. head first.. onto the hard wood floor.  My heart stopped completely and I felt this huge hole in my stomach... He doesn't scream at first but when he finally did, he REALLY screamed... Thank God, he didn't have too bad of a welp or I would've worried about a concussion or something... but I think it looked worse than it was....  Maybe by summer, they can play nicely on it again.  :)


No comments: