Saturday, January 21, 2012

Taking Advantage.

My new years resolution about stopping what I'm doing and just focusing on my boys has resonated with me.  Last "semester" my week looked like this:  Monday&Thursday - J and E go to Mother's Day Out.  Tuesday&Wednesday, 930-1130a - boys to go to a childcare class while I go to an exercise class called Body and Soul (love this!).  Sunday- we usually have the boys in church for 2 worship services because we work one and attend one.  So basically, my boys and I had Fridays to be lazy and play all day - and Saturdays with Ryan ... which are always crammed full of "stuff" we have to do.  Needless to say, I needed to make some changes... Just for ME mostly.  I miss my kids.  I miss our time... our lazy PJ days where we could play and do whatever we wanted.. those days where I could keep them on their schedule and make their meals and giggle and play... Life was just getting too busy.  So a few months ago, I pulled Ethan out of Mother's Day Out on Mondays so he's just going on Thursdays.  More recently, I pulled out of Body/Soul on Wednesdays so I just go on Tuesdays now.  That leaves us more time together to play.  I've also gotten J on the waiting list at a Christian Preschool where he'd go on T/W/Th mornings 830a-1130a, so I could have them both all day on Monday and Friday and every afternoon...  
All this being said, it's really hard to imagine my boys not being home with me all the time doing our own thing... It's hard to picture Jackson in Kindergarten - knowing I can never get this time back where he was just all mine all day everyday.  I need to do a better job taking advantage of the NOW. 
A friend of mine said she found this on Pinterest the other day.  I really like it.
"I hope my kids look back on today and see a mommy who had time to play.  There will be years for cleaning and cooking.  Children grow up when we are not looking."

No comments: