Wednesday, January 11, 2012

On the 12th Day of Christmas....

Jackson's true love gave to him.... The Mall of America!  We saved the best for last - hoping that Monday, Jan 2nd wouldn't be as busy at the Mall of America as the previous days and I think we guessed right.  This place is insane.  I mean, seriously.  I have never seen anything like that place.  It's an enormous mall - first thing - but we didn't even get to see the mall really.  We took the boys straight to Nickelodeon Universe and he was in awe.  This smile never left his face in all 3 or 4 hours we were there.  Aunt Carla quickly became his favorite person in the world cuz she rode many rides with him - including his first ever ride on Diego's Rescue Rider!  I wasn't sure how he'd react since it took him up pretty high and then down around in a circle and back up, etc... but he relished every second!  He wanted more, more, more!!!  He got to ride the blue train one twice... well, of course.  And he rode one with Uncle Dave - the big balloon one.  At the end, Ryan had an idea that J may like the bumper cars... let's just say that I'm really glad Ryan got that on video.  I laughed so hard.  He did not move and he did NOT enjoy getting bumped into.  It. was. hilarious.  :)  He really wanted to go on the huge roller coasters, but we had to explain to him that he's not quite ready for those yet... but he really wanted to.  E didn't last through the whole thing, but J probably would've been happy to never leave.  So glad we went there!  The next morning, we got up at 400am to pack the car and head home.  It took us about 10.5 hours to get home - and needless to say, all of us were glad to get out of that truck!  I'm so glad we took so many pictures because that was a really really fun trip!  Happy New Year!!!

About to go in!
Jackson and Aunt Carla before his first ride!
 
Thank for having us Uncle Dave and Aunt Carla!

No comments: