Friday, June 29, 2012

Bow your head..

My precious boy... He never stops amazing me.  I'll back up.
So when Jackson needs to go potty, he really wants me to join him (for company) when he is going... Somedays we have some very good discussions when he is sitting on the potty.  It's a good time to talk... Well, this morning, we were talking about how I was so glad he was going potty since he hadn't in a few days... Then I told him that it's so good for his body if he goes every day - it means he's very healthy.  He found that to be interesting... Then, he asked about a picture I had in my bathroom - of him - when he was 15 mos old.  He thought it was Ethan.  I told him that he and Ethan look a lot alike because they are brothers... Then he pointed out that Uncle Ray looks like mommy because he's MY brother... Then he noted that Uncle Dave looks like Daddy... Yep, yep.... Then he looks up suddenly and says "but mommy you don't have a sister to look like you...?"  I said "no buddy, daddy and I only have brothers... just like you have a brother."  Then he said, "But I want a sister." So I said, "well, we need to pray about that..."  Then he said, "Ethan and I were in your belly together, right?" So I explained that he came out first and then Ethan but they were never in there together... He asked me if I have a baby in there now - No... no baby... So he said "Mommy, I want to pray right now."  He was still on the toilet... sweet boy - he puts his hands together, bows his head - and then quickly looks up to make sure I was praying too - but I'm a little stunned that we're praying right then and there... so he insists "bow your head."  Yes, sir!  So I bow and he starts to pray...
"Dear God,  Please give us a baby brother or sister.. and thank you for daddy and for bringing daddy home in his big truck safely and thank you for getting the poopoo out of my belly so I feel better... and please give mommy a baby sister.  I love you.  Amen."
Oh my!!  I immediately ran in and grabbed a piece of paper and wrote it down... I knew I needed to share this.  Not too sure what my mom and dad think about him praying for me a baby sister, but I'm pretty sure God knows what he meant.  Sweet boy.  Love love LOOOVE him.  :)

No comments: