Friday, January 4, 2013

28 Weeks!

  • Baby's Sex: BOY!! (Name to be announced at birth!)
  • Baby is as big as: Small Cabbage (17 in, 2.9 lbs)
  • Cravings this week: PB and J sandwiches.
  • What's different this week than last week: Baby movement has increased!  YAY!  He still isn't very active during the day but in the evening, he's a fun little kicking boy!  It's a relief to have him kicking me more because that's been a real concern for me... I think he's laying sideways because most of the kicking happens on my right and left side - down low.  :)
  • Weeks to go: 12 LOOOOOOONG weeks
  • Next Appt: Jan 7 (28 wks)
  • Big Brothers: Ethan being back in diapers makes me feel so much better.  I am relaxing a bit more now.  :) 
  • Notes:  I haven't been exercising at all - this whole potty training thing took up all my energy... I ordered baby's name letters for his nursery last week and they arrived!  I'm so excited to have them but it's going to be hard to continue to keep his name a secret when I'm getting things embroidered, etc... but I'm trying to keep it all in a special place so my snooping mother doesn't find them!  HA!!!  I've been feeling really down about my weight and how big I look and feel lately... I found some old belly shots from the boys and it "sort of" made me feel better... I'm still bigger than I was, but maybe not as big as I feel.
So here are my 28 week mug shots from both of my previous pregnancies....
(At the left is Jackson and on the right is Ethan)
Looking at these two pictures, I realize these things:
1. Ryan took these pictures at different angles - so it's hard to tell the differences. 
2. You ALWAYS show more with each pregnancy - that's not a myth at all. 
3. I am obviously more swollen now in my face than I was with Ethan.. I did have the bulk of his pregnancy in the summer and so I do think that heat helps with swelling... (lots of sweating!)
4. I feel huge because I AM.  :(

No comments: