Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sickness #1 of the Year - 17 days in.

I won't re-hash the details of the day... because they were crazy enough that even I don't want to think about it again... but the shortened version is that I picked up Ethan early from Mothers' Day Out on Thursday and after seeing him, I knew I needed to get him to the doctor.  We got in to see our friend and he checked Ethan for strep and flu and fortunately, he tested negative for both.  His temp was 102.3 when we arrived, and Ethan was just limp.  Doc said his tonsils were red and big - and he has all the signs to indicate it may still be strep and possibly a false negative.  So we got him home and on some antibiotics and he seems to be feeling better now.    Both of the boys have been coughing (badly) since before Christmas... coughs don't really worry me too much, but this is definitely lingering.  Jackson is not feeling up to par either... I hate this time of year - and I use that word "hate" honestly.  It's always rough on my boys...  I think Ryan and I need to move to Florida or Arizona for the winter months every year to avoid this crud.  Jackson's at an age where I can't just keep him home quarantined like I want to because he needs to go to class.... but boy, that would be easier.  I hope this is all we have to deal with and the rest of the winter/spring goes smoothly.  We're using this as a good training for hand washing and not spreading germs - to each other, or to mommy or daddy...

No comments: