Saturday, January 5, 2013

Jackson's SuperHero Room, Complete!

It's been in the making since November - but it's finally complete!  Jackson moved into our guest room and Ethan moved into Jackson's old room - in preparation of a new baby in the nursery in a few months.  While Ethan's room needed no change really (it remains the "Cubs" room), Jackson requested a superhero room.  So on a very strict budget, we delivered our big boy a superhero room.  We had a lot of help from several people!  Here's how it came along...
Ryan painted the walls grey and the ceiling red.  He added crown molding.  Ryan's mom painted the huge "Superhero J" canvas for his wall and she got him the magnet/dry erase board for his artwork.  My grandma made the decorative pillows and pillow cases (Spiderman themed). 
 
Jackson picked out three posters for his wall.  He picked Spiderman, Batman and his favorite superhero - Wolverine.  Ryan came up with the idea of painting the red border around the posters - which he ended up doing on everything on the walls. I think it turned out amazing!
 
This is my favorite piece in the room! I was telling my friend Jenny that Jackson loving Wolverine makes it hard on me because it's hard to find anything from that character... She offered her husband, Rhonald could draw a picture of him for us!  I had seen Rhonald's work before so I JUMPED at this opportunity!  I am in LOVE with this picture of Wolverine for Jackson!  Isn't it insanely good!?  I couldn't believe how it turned out!  He is extremely talented!  I had it professionally framed so it will be probably be in Jackson's room til he's a teenager!!
 
We kept his letters up - for now.. He is getting a little big for his name letters in his room but he seems to like it so we'll leave it for now.  :)
 
The crown molding really finished off this room!  I'm so glad I have such a skilled (and willing) husband to do all these house projects I suggest to him... :)

No comments: