Saturday, August 10, 2013

Christian Meet Pool.

It wasn't the loveliest of meetings, but they met.  I had tried to arrange this "meeting" a few times before but upon his tiny feet barely touching the water, the screams erupted and I opted out.  But this time, I was smarter.  I decided that a boy dressed this cute in swim gear absolutely HAD to feel that nice cool water on his skin on a hot day like this one.  So I started by holding him and scooping the water onto his feet... without his feet being in the water.  Then ever so slowly, I stood him in the water - just his feet... and he took a deep breath..... and sighed.  WOW!  I was stoked!  His big accomplishment even drew a big ol' kiddo crowd of sweet encouraging words - "good job Christian" "look at you, you're big." "you're doing it!"  They were all so cute!  I think they were just so happy he didn't cause them to hold their ears with his piercing scream again!  His first little 5 minutes in the pool have come, and gone.  Another first completed.
 Good job Christian!

No comments: