
This was a special year to be in Milwaukee! Grandpa Stearle had his 85th birthday on July 9th. We were so glad we could all make it! It was great to get to introduce Baby C to the rest of Ryan's family too! We arrived in Milwaukee on Tuesday, July 2nd and stayed til Sunday, July 7th. On the 4th, we went to the Milwaukee zoo - well, cuz, that's what we do! We are a zoo-loving family! :) It was fun to have 4th of July all together with Carol! On Friday, July 5th - Carol was kind enough to keep all 3 kiddos and Ryan and I went to Chicago to a Cubs game! I had never been to Wrigley and the city of Chicago is going to be making some major changes to it in the next year or so, so Ryan wanted me to see the authentic stadium, and it was SO much fun! I LOVE having time with just Ryan and I... It's so rare, and so wonderful! Late that night, Dave and Carla arrived with our newly 1 year old sweet nephew Anthony!! I was so excited to see him! It was such a fast trip for them though that I didn't get too many pictures. :( On Saturday, we had the reunioun party with the fam and celebration of Grandpa Stearle's birthday, as well as a few other family celebrations!
But here are a few pics from our trip!
We all wore Cubs support for the day!
Uncle Dave with his new nephew!
Grandpa/Grandma Stearle with their grandkids, spouses and great grandkids!
Our drive home was.....
Bad.

We have made this drive so many times that we've almost lost count. Since children, Jackson has made it 7 times, Ethan has made it 4 times and this was Christian's first time. Let's just say that the 3rd kid has a much MUCH louder voice that his big brothers in how much he dislikes road trips. On the way there, we stopped in STL for the night so Ryan could attend a meeting there, so that broke up the drive, and was really quite perfect. On the way home, we opted to drive straight home. What should've been an 11 hour trip, stops included, turned into 15 hours because our sweet baby boy was ANGRY! Ryan and I decided we will need to wait quite a while before we will want to do that, or any, road trip again! Mr. C-Man was quite displeased with us, and with his car seat. As soon as we would pull over, take him out of his car seat, he would immediately stop screaming, his face would go back to it's original color and he'd start giggling. I mean, all that within 60 seconds of taking him out of his car seat. Thank goodness for these headphones for Jackson and Ethan - they were unphased by all the screaming because they were calmly watching their DVD's the whole time. And Ethan slept. a LOT. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment