This June marked the 2nd summer Jackson has spent at Ms. Dana's swim classes. He really thrives with her lessons, and I see major progress in his abilities each time. When we first started this last summer, Jackson wouldn't even put his head in the water... heck, he wouldn't allow his face to even get wet! And after the 1st day of her lessons last year, he was holding his breath and happily dunking his head in the water... Fast forward to this summer, he swam - properly swam - 1/2 the length of the pool without her holding him and was so proud! He couldn't wait to jump off the diving board... sometimes jumping twice!
I just love Ms. Dana and I'm stoked that next summer, I can put Ethan in there too!
This year, Jackson had his buddy Cole and our neighbor's daughter Carlie in his swim class w/ him - which made it even more fun!
Ethan loved having his own little Lily Kate time too...
On the last day, they had to complete a 1 minute "survival float" in order to pass the class. It's hard to believe how far Jackson has come that he was able to do this!
At the end of his week, Jackson received a certificate of his completed skill levels. He has a long way to go before he can swim "float free" all the time, but he's making such great progress! I'm so proud of my big swimmer!!
No comments:
Post a Comment