Thursday, October 16, 2008

Jackson Milestones Continued....

Well, our little one is growing "like a weed" as they say! He has been "standing" for a long time now - but now, he wants to stand all the time! Forget sitting alone - He could care less! He has no balance whatsoever and can't stand alone or anything but he really really wants to! Today, I held him by his hands and we walked all over the living room... He's fascinated with the act of moving his feet and that in turn, moves his body. I've been trying to help him with his next big milestone - sitting alone. He probably could do it but he is always trying to grab whatever is near him.... so he just falls forward. But he's still quite a bit early for sitting alone, so it's ok. We just do a lot of practice... I'm still working on the rolling from back to belly. Belly to back - he's mastered that! He ALMOST rolled back to his belly last night - he got all the way on his side and turned back... too much work I guess. I did watch him on the monitor this morning... He slept from about 745p - 545a and then, he played until about 615a. While he was playing, I was watching. He was playing with his paci. I was so impressed with his determination to grab it and figure out how to get it back in his mouth... only to grab it back out and drop it and start all over. 30 minutes!!! It was quite a show and I was a loyal fan. His new thing is that he has figured out how to SHRIEK. He will scream for no reason whatsoever... must be interesting to make that kind of noise, but it scares the daylights out of me. Sometimes he does it when he's getting mad or just for fun... but he's too young to understand that that is not acceptable, so we'll start explaining that later... For now, it's just his new thing. We tried carrots a couple weeks ago and really only tried 3x... we gave up cuz we still have time and he seemed to hate it. Well, tonight we tried plain cereal - that went over much better. Ryan fed it to him and by the end of it, he seemed to have that tongue thing a little better... We've decided we're adding this to our evening ritual. He definitely enjoys making the mess! Ryan and I are both determined to have the first word to be our names... I get a lot more practice but Ryan has the advantage that most babies can say "dada" easier... So we'll see what happens! He's just getting cuter by the minute and I know that I fall more in love with each second! There really is nothing like being a parent - No doubt about that.



1 comment:

Kara said...

I love the new header picture!!