Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lots of Catching Up!

OK... so lots has happened since I had a real post last... I'll try to do some catch up here....
My mom and Aunt Janet drove down last weekend on Friday - which was wonderful because Ryan and I got so much accomplished and it was AWESOME to visit with them - and very good for Baby J! :) I dressed Jackson accordingly in his "Grandma 4 Ever" outfit... my mom almost WON'T take pictures (please encourage her if you see her) but here's a good one w/ my Aunt Janet...
Jackson's new thing is to NOT look at me when I have the camera in my hands. He HATES the camera now... Probably due to the hundreds of pictures that I've taken (almost 2000) since he's been born! I can't help it!! :)
Of course, they came bearing gifts... So this is Jackson's new toy! I had to use our wedding album under him cuz he's not quite tall enough for it yet, but he REALLY loves it! I love it cuz I can check my email occasionally now! Thanks Mom and Dad!!

While they were here, we immediately started painting. I know most of you know - but the people who lived in this house before us, liked to have EVERY Single Room to be a different color! So - the main rooms (living room, stairway and upstairs hallway) were all this hideous grey/blue color... So we started there... Ryan got a little silly - maybe cuz it was so late! We started just the living room at 1000pm and was in bed by 100am - not bad!

The next morning - Ryan and I relaxed for a little while and then headed to my friend Brandy's wedding. It was BEAUTIFUL! She had it in Conway and it turned out to be sunny and gorgeous and her dress was probably the prettiest wedding dress I've ever seen ... she's tall so she really wore it well! I'm so happy for her! Ryan and I did the video for her wedding and we're goign to make her a cool (hopefully) DVD of the occasion... This is Brandy and her brother Dustin - (who gets married in Nov!).

J - having fun in his red outfit... sporting gifts from our friend RosaLea - thanks Rose!! :)

So we got the downstairs bathroom, living room and hallway upstairs done before they left and we were in the mood to do our bedroom - so we did.... J was patient and chilled on the bed for awhile while we started taping. I think he was a bit bored!


For a fun side dish - I decided to make stuffed mushrooms! Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am not known for cooking - so this was a big step for me! Ryan was nervous but he said they were good.... Not terrible, that's for sure! I liked them!

After dinner, J was ready for a bath...

Lastly, Ryan's cubs didn't do too well in the playoffs. I will ignore all of Jerry's smack talk (some of which - we agree to be accurate)... ignoring because we all love Jerry (even though his lovely cardinals didn't even get in the playoffs at all) - but I think it's time to let the season go... So now, I'm on to bigger and better things (MY TEAM): The Giants!! So go NEW YORK!!! They are 4-0 but I haven't gotten to watch a single game cuz they haven't been on TV here! So - I'm super glad I'll see them on Monday night play! So, let's say goodbye to the Cubs for now and HELLO Giants!! :) We love you Jerry... even though.... :) Please beware: Ryan and Jackson are still recovering... so let's be nice.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh come on. I can't be nice. Making your child wear that small bear stuff is considered child abuse. you might as well just let Jackson eat paint chips.
I know my cards didn't make the playoffs, but they weren't even predicted to finish above .500. Also, those silly small bear fans would hoist those damned "w" flags up. We all know the "w" stands for "when", so they are just fueling the fire.
Furthermore, I get sick and tired or hearing "this is our year". Year after year, after year.
Sickening really......

Keisha said...

Go Giants!

Kenneth P Woodruff said...

Way to go on the cooking! I'm looking forward to coming over to your house and actually letting you host!

Baby J looks great!