Sunday, October 19, 2008

Jackson's first air show!

Keisha, Jackson and I packed up our stuff today and headed out to the Air Force base in Jacksonville (about 15 min. from our house) to take in a free air show! The weather today was perfect for being outside, although Keisha would argue that it could have been a couple of degrees warmer. Jackson was all bundled up, though, and he didn't seem to mind the temperature one bit. There sky was very clear, too, which is perfect for watching airplanes!

I haven't been to an air show in several years, and I absolutely love them! I am really into planes, and I talked Keisha's ear off as a result. She was probably pretty bored with it, but she humored me and never let it show. =)

My dad met us out there along with Grant and Nick, and the 6 of us had a great time just hanging out. Here are some of the things we took in:

Jackson was prepared for the noise of the jets - we stuffed his little ears with cotton to help soften the blow).














Planes these days are getting freaking huge! This C-5 Galaxy is, I think, is the largest cargo plane that the U.S. currently employs. It can hold 100 VW Bugs or 6 Greyhound buses!















The Budweiser Clydesdales were there, too, but unfortunately we just missed them. We got there just in time to see them being loaded up into their trailors. It took 3 of these rigs to hold them all!















There was a Military Police dog demonstration that was amazing! These animals are so well trained - it is really impressive to watch them "do their thing."















The feature act of the day was a demonstration by the Navy Blue Angles. For those of you not familiar, they fly 6 FA-18's in formation, and some of the moves they do are stunning! It is crazy to see how close they fly to each other.... tons of practice - I promise!















Of course I have to point out that Keisha and I have the cutest baby God ever put on this earth!! He was being a perfect angel the whole day (excluding the ride home). He even took a full bottle and napped on my shoulder during the loudest part of the show!! As usual, we took about 14,622 pictures today - here are a few of my favorites:





































































































1 comment:

Connie said...

OH MY GOSH! He is such a cutie!!!! I can't wait to see what Lauren and Jackson's kids will look like! LOL Love you guys! You are amazing parents and have a wonderful son!